#WCW Week 3: Wellness Week
Beyond this being Woman Crush Wednesday with a few female entrepreneurs killing the game, it’s also known as Wellness Wednesday. Wellness is not only for external confidence, but that internal fire that makes you feel great!
According to Wellness Creative Co, “The US is the world’s largest health and wellness market, with 38,477 clubs, and an annual growth rate of 3.6%. Industry revenue is growing at a slightly higher rate of 6.1% and is currently estimated at $30 billion.”
With many of us investing in trainers, fitness classes and sports clubs, it is easy to understand the year over year growth. Along with the fitness world, the aesthetic world is taking the world by STORM! The medical aesthetic world is projected to hit a Market Worth $17.07 Billion by 2023.
“Growth in this market is mainly driven by the growing adoption of minimally invasive and noninvasive aesthetic procedures, rising adoption among geriatric individuals, increasing public awareness about cosmetic procedures, the availability of technologically advanced & user-friendly products, and the increasing demand for aesthetic treatments among men,” said Markets and Markets.
Below meet two boss babes taking both the fitness community and aesthetic community by storm.
Claudine Castro, Owner of The Physique Technique
- What inspired you to become a female entrepreneur: “What inspired me most to become an entrepreneur was simply because I didn’t want to work a desk job and I thought I had to get creative to not work in the corporate world. To be honest, I thought I wasn’t hire-able!”
- What do you love most about working for yourself: “The incredible amount of freedom I have. I can set my own schedule and my own terms for my business.”
- What do you love most about working in the fitness world: “Knowing I’m helping make a difference in others lives mentally and physically.”
- Any advice for other females who want to become an entrepreneur: “Be extremely coachable and be receptive to advice from what successful people in your industry have to say. And most of all, know your value and what you stand for. Sometimes you have to take advice with a grain of salt. But a lot of the time, do a ton of experimenting and stick to what works best for you. It’s a never-ending road of transformation—don’t stop growing!”
Follow Claudine’s fitness journey on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/claudinefitca/
Follow Claudine’s Business Facebook to help grow your clientele: https://www.facebook.com/claudinefitbizcoach/
Ashley Lankford – Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner and Creator of the Aesthetic Provider Meetup.
- What inspired you to become a female entrepreneur: “The reason I became a nurse was that I knew I wanted to make a difference in the lives of others. When I was just starting out in the new and exciting field of medical aesthetics, I heavily relied on my fellow practitioners in the field for mentoring and guidance along the way. After I became a nurse practitioner and spent more time in medical aesthetics, I noticed there was a great need for community within the industry and amongst my peers. I was inspired to create the Aesthetic Provider meetup as a platform for local practitioners, from novice to seasoned, to connect and share experiences and knowledge with one another.”
- What do you love most about working for yourself: “I love that I get to create my own brand of beauty and bring that to my patients. In an era of social media, filters and photoshop, I fear our image of beauty is in danger of becoming a little “distorted,”, especially among our younger population. I’m a huge proponent of natural enhancements and bringing more balance and harmony to my client’s features.”
- What do you love most about working in the aesthetic world: “In my day-to-day practice, my focus is always on enhancing my patients’ existing beauty rather than altering them completely. I create my own brand by using social media as an educational outlet to not only demystify treatments like filler, Botox, lasers and skin care; but also to promote a healthier and realistic message on self-care and beauty enhancement, always centered on making my patients feel more confident.”
- Any advice for other females who want to become an entrepreneur: “Stay true to yourself and carve your own path. Remember that everyone has something different to offer. I’ve learned that social media can be a double-edged sword. As much as I need it to grow my clientele, I try my hardest not to get sucked into the social media black hole of comparing myself to others in my field. I will admit that sometimes it does happen and I let these thoughts of inferiority and insecurity creep in. When I find that happening, I take the time to disconnect from social media for a short time to re-focus on the positive and be more present. Lastly, make connections with others in your field and support those around you. I like to surround myself with like-minded peers who I can learn from rather than seeing them as competition. Peer groups can serve as a great support system because we all encounter similar situations. A little tip I’ve used to help me accomplish my goals is to not be afraid to tell everyone about them. I’ve learned that this can help keep me accountable to my goals because others will keep asking me about how I’m doing, so it serves as a constant reminder to keep pushing myself.”
Follow Ashley’s amazing aesthetic work on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theaestheticnp/
All fellow Aesthetic NPs, PAs and RNs check out the Meetup group: https://www.meetup.com/aestheticprovidermeetup/